Wow! So if that title didn’t grab your attention… why are you following me?
I kept putting this post off waiting for the event pictures, but I have the patience of, well, something famous for not having any I guess. If you think of it, let me know.
Anyway, yes, cherry-popped. My book signing event cherry that is. At Authorpalooza earlier this month.
I was terrified going in. I didn’t have a clue what to expect or how to act. In case you didn’t know, I am wildly inappropriate and fantastically awkward. I have all the charm of a snot nosed kid eating boogers and offering the leftovers to everyone crossing my path.
It ended up being ah-mazing. I didn’t sell any books, but I met some awesome people. And fun, well, that was the theme apparently. And not just regular fun, but super-mega-awesome fun.
I learned a lot too.
- DOWNSIZE – I hauled 4+ boxes. That will never work out of state.
- UPSIZE – My smile was too small and RBF is not welcoming.
- DICKSTRACTED – Yes, I can be and I NEED the shirt. (FMI see David Michael-Dick Dynasty)
- BLACK ROBES & GAVELS –No matter what year & what changes in this world, some people will always judge romance/erotica authors harshly.
- BABY FEVER – Didn’t catch it. Baby Payne was adorable beyond reason, because she was Baby Payne and not Baby Landon. (FMI see DP PAYNE-Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd)
- AUTHOR RAINBOW – When you put children, political, ‘cleanly spicy’, erotica, SPN, mystery, gay rom, you name it, authors in the same room, you make a beautiful genre Benetton effect. (FMI & list of authors see the Authorpalooza by Eureka Casino FB page)
- FIERCE & FABULOUS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT – F&F Lea went out of her way to make my first signing a great experience. (FMI see Fierce & Fabulous Book Diva)
Thank you Eureka Casino & Resort and David Michael – I can’t wait to do it again next year!